7.01.2008

another direction

as you can possibly tell by my inconsistency in keeping up this blog, i don't always have things to say. well, actually, that's not true - i generally have something to say about everything.
i think the real action-stopper is that i don't always have something to say about fashion. (except for "look at the clothes i bought for the shop! think they're cute! now buy them!")
my mind has been wandering more and more towards other subjects recently. some interesting conversations have come up between myself, my friends, my parents, and my larger community, and i've found myself wishing i had some kind of public forum in which to spout my ideas - in a totally non-soapbox kind of way of course. hmm, maybe i should become a writer and actually get some of these ideas out into the world.
oh, that's right, i totally have my own blog, and i could totally write about whatever i want on these pages. what a clever idea!
while this blog was originally meant to just be a plug for the shop (i guess; i'm still not really sure why i started it), i think it might be okay to include other topics as well. i sometimes think about starting a magazine - kind of a vogue or a harper's for girls with different priorities. a little more simple, realistic, economical, sustainable, maybe even a little political.
loving fashion doesn't have to mean ignoring other types of art or current events, so why should this blog be so restricted?
i wonder if this future i'm assigning myself is proof that i really did enjoy essay writing in college. who knew?

p.s. i'll make up for this slight rant by posting a new slideshow of pretty clothes shortly. we can't get ALL serious.

No comments: