10.07.2008

go out by yourself

last night i gave myself a mission of independence. i felt like going to my favorite tapas bar and enjoying one of the first sweater-worthy fall nights of the year with a glass of spanish red wine on their perfectly quiet and comfortable patio. but i knew that none of my (two) drinking buddies (i'm so popular) were available and i realized i didn't really want to talk to anybody anyway; i just wanted to be there.
so i took the book that i've been devouring lately - that's punny because it's a book from anne rice's 'the vampire chronicles' - and set myself up at a cute little cafe table with some olaia, american spirits, and a tiny pot of mint tea. i read for hours wrapped up in my new oversized vintage men's sweater (the next one i find will go to the shop, i swear) with acoustic classical guitar and muffled restaurant clatter surrounding me.
it was awesome.

No comments: