11.18.2008

major find

I was about to list this dress, when I remembered that I should really research amazing vintage labels before setting their prices. I was already beyond excited about this one - authentic 1960's vintage in silk with a gorgeous and unique color palette that fits like a dream and looks completely modern and wearable.
It turns out that Marek, New York is also a pretty coveted and rare vintage designer. I found a couple of high-end vintage stores online with Marek dresses - none as cool as this one, of course. And the prices people were paying for these items were outrageous! Oh, how I wish I could find more and more mint condition designer labels and sell them exclusively to ladies with too much money. That would be a swell job. Instead, I will just thank the shopping gods for blessing me with this find and hope that if one of those vintage shop owners sees this dress before you do, at least they won't be getting too much of a steal of a deal when they mark it up to $350. Sheesh!

Below is the awesomest of the other Marek items I found in my research. It is from the same collection as my dress but in an equally cute bubblegum pink and mustard yellow print - and... it's pants! Click on the pic to visit the pantsuit at vintage textile. Maybe you can build a wardrobe around this wonderful print!

No comments: