12.23.2008

if it ain't vintage...

...i don't want it.
i am working on a little wish-list/paper-doll scenario for you so i sent myself shopping online to pick out pretty things that are way out of my price range.
while perusing the dresses at anthropologie, nothing attracted me enough to even click on the thumbnail for a bigger picture. am i sick? i used to want everything from that store. i could rack up a $2000 (imaginary) order in five minutes without even trying.
i think it might be because these dresses aren't vintage. the ones i kind of liked just reminded me of pretty old things i've seen in photographs and vintage stores. but they don't come with the story of how you discovered it amongst a pile of junky stuff; and you can't look at a picture of your grandma wearing it to someone's birthday party in 1957.
this project might take a little longer than i thought. i'm going to have to be a little more open-minded. or just look at vintage shops only!

1 comment:

Katie Ann said...

I totally get the anthroplogie thing. I dont even look at their website or catalogs anymore.