1.23.2009

how to be unsuccessful on etsy

this is the explanation for my major absence as of late - and the fact that it's late arriving is just perfect as it helps to prove my point some more.
i've noticed a terrible problem with my being my own boss....i'm a terrible motivator for myself. it goes like this: sales slow down in the shop, i decide it's because everything i buy is crap and my pictures are ugly, i stop taking pictures and listing things and contemplate deleting the whole thing, sales continue to slow because i'm not listing anything, and i start thinking about running away to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere.
usually i just let these fear attacks paralyze me (and the shop) with the excuse that if i'm not feeling up to it the product will reflect my lack of interest. it generally only takes about a week until the boredom from not working on the shop gets me back in gear. this time, it even prompted me to take on a big ol' thriftin' adventure, which i think i also promised stories of before, and hopefully, will share in the next day or so.
i have lots of work to do, and even more ideas for new projects to work on so i'm hoping this will be the last little break i take until it's a break i plan to take. if only i had a better boss.

No comments: