1.13.2009

a very useful resource

i've mentioned before my frequent frustration when trying to date some of the items i find for the shop. the label is most often the next best clue after the actual design of the dress, but with designers i know to have had decades long careers, it's still pretty hard to decipher. i've been searching forever for some kind of database to answer my questions, and i just found it - accidentally.
vintage fashion guild is my new favorite bookmark - over 700 designers listed with complete bios and dated pictures of all the incarnations of their labels. it's pretty much my holy grail found...my life is now complete.
vfg told me all i need to know about the jonathan logan navy blue wool sweater dress i found today. the label below tells me to tell you that my find was created in 1973. how's that for precise?!


just one more reason why i looooove the blessed interweb.

No comments: