3.04.2009

this is all i want


women's lib has gone straight out the window! this looks like absolute bliss to me right now.
wire basket for the fruit: check
coffee cups hanging by the window: check
cast iron pots on a tool board: oddly, already on my wishlist
with all the options women have, all the jobs and education i've had to prepare me to do anything i want, and my own business just waiting on me to get busy, why do i wish someone would pay me just to make the bed, do the dishes, and prepare a delicious, nutritious meal?

*photo stolen from mayalu's flickr photostream

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add a fireplace, a cat, and classical music on the radio, and I'm there, too... And I felt the same way in 1976. But "don't give up your day job" becomes very meaningful when you look at how most men in your generation (and, frankly, mine too) interpret the concepts of responsibility, honesty, and fidelity. And when you look at it from the viewpoint of the person who goes out to make the money so you can do this, it gets even more complex. Ah well... it's still a nice dream.

Anonymous said...

This is all I want too! Let's move to the suburbs.