3.20.2009

time to shop for sunglasses!

well i thought yesterday was the best weather ever...until today happened. spring is officially here -- so much that i know i'm going to start bitchin' about the heat any day now. all this makes me very happy except for the fact that i am currently without a pair of shades and it's starting to hurt.
you see, i had this glorious pair of vintage christian dior sunglasses for years. they were extra special because i got a discount on them at my very first favorite vintage shop which has since burned down.

(that's the shop...and my favorite purse ever that got stolen)

then, when packing my life into my car for a six week road trip/move to i-dont-know-where-yet, i lost my beloved sunnies. so i bought these faux vintage ones at urban outfitters. (that was a whisper.)


we had good times, those rose-colored glasses and i. (that was us in seattle.) but then, a full year later, christian dior came back to me! he had just been hiding in a bookbag all that time.

alas, i think i loved these glasses too hard. this picture is actually the last day i wore them because the top of the frame is now cracked beyond repair. and last week i broke the arm off my replacement glasses which are definitely not worth fixing.
i imagined i'd have to go through this summer just starin' at the sun. how could i ever find such perfect pairs of sunglasses as those?
well, it took less than an hour's search yesterday and i think i've done it....


another pair of vintage christian dior sunglasses (from aj paul) and in an even more suitable color for me! i'm going to put graded lenses in these like the last ones. a deep dark amber on top fading to almost no shade. yum!


i bought the next pair as a backup but i'm pretty sure they might win spot numero uno on my face. look at those arms! the lovely val at this year's model put them in the mail about 20 minutes after i ordered them so i should be face-to-face with my new true love any day now!


get on etsy right now and pick out your new pair of old sunglasses. they were all surprisingly affordable and oh soooo adorable.
you still have a chance to score my runner-up pair.

they're waiting for you at dahlila found. unless i beat you to them. never know when you might lose two pairs of sunglasses!

2 comments:

Dahlila said...

Hi Deborah, Love the Christian Diors you found. Tres chic. Thank you for adding my rose colored lovelies.

dahlila.

Simply said...

Love the glasses!They are just perfect for any style.